Sunra - Megalovania w/o Percussion Sunra - Megalovania w/o Percussion

Man, this is really good. Very relaxing. I can imagine this during either during the walk of feels (part 1, I mean. The version with the percussion would then fit with part 2) or the judgement scene. I don't wanna spoil anything, but basically sometime during the trip to the final battle. It could use a better loop, though. I think you should fade out the string before the loop starts again.

Also, just an idea, I think maybe you can make sort of a part 3 to this if you catch my drift. It doesn't need to contain anything else from the original song. Just have more power to it.

Sunraw responds:

Thanks for the review man. I know it doesn't loop the pad, would've taken too much effort to bleed the pad into the first bar so I didn't bother lol. Yeah I could make a more intense version. I appreciate you stopping by :)

Dark Passage - sS Dark Passage - sS

There's not much criticism I can really offer than just experiment with the transitions, especially at 2:13. I think there it kinda died down too quickly. Also, I think it could've used 4 more measures in the sections before and after 1:01. I think that would've flowed more nicely into 1:07.
Sorry if I couldn't say much. DnB is just kinda difficult for me to review.

Also, is it just me, or does the percussion seem uneven with the tempo at times?

Electronic Stuff Electronic Stuff

It's a solid track. I really like how you handled that saw wave with a mood like this. But I don't think the wobble bass at :53 really fit well with this particular kind of flow. Also, at 1:24, I thought that... thing came in a bit too suddenly. Maybe if you added a few bars in the bells beforehand that would help transition into it better? That way it doesn't seem like you just went into a completely different song or something.

SoTJake responds:

Yeah, I also think that the whole song is just smaller songs mixed together. While I was experimenting on this track I tried different techniques of electronic music that I listened to and that is also the reason why at 1:24 it sounds like a whole different song.
Next time I will try to make a song that sounds like one song :D

Ynegebez Ynegebez

I really like the dreamy atmosphere that this song generates. It kinda reminds me of a hub world for a Kirby game or something. I guess my only problem with this song is that it doesn't have much replay value. Maybe try adding a memorable melody that one can hum along to? I dunno. I guess it just depends on what your aim was. Aside from that, this was pretty good.

Qvarcos responds:

Heh, thanks for the review, I thought the bassline was pretty hum worthy :D I'm glad you can feel that dreamy atmosphere, that was my aim :) I keep thinking about new ways of creating melodies by the way.

Things livin in sewers Things livin in sewers

I can certainly picture this being set in some kind of top-down, maze-like, sewer, horror game. It had a pretty strong start, but I think, however, it starts getting a bit noisy at around the :40 mark or so. I dunno. Maybe it's just those low pitch strings get tiresome after a while.

Azhthar responds:

Thx for the response! I have to check on the noises you mean. The funny thing is that in this piece I did not use any low pitch strings at all... I have to check this again but propably you mean the sewer atmospheres I used and pitched down.

Bubonic Night Bubonic Night

Well I like how it starts out with that static noise, but I think it should've faded out at some point and have been cut out from :59 on; it just kinda started getting annoying to me. Nonetheless, it was pretty good for a halloween song. I especially liked the percussion.

Rahmemhotep responds:

Honestly, that's not bad advice. Rather good advice really, but I kept it in for depth and discord.

Thanks about the percussion. The samples I used for that were some I didn't even know I had and I love how it helped bring out the kind of feel I wanted.

Thank you for the review!

New Challenger New Challenger

I really like how the song opens up. But at :23, I thought those burst synths just seemed out of place. They work a little better everywhere else, but I think the ones at 2:06 would've been more preferable.
Love the use of the horns, though.
Overall, I think it's alright.

AeroMusic responds:

yeah, maybe that would of helped the structure a bit to make it more cohesive
cheers for the review man

Silence (Sample) Silence (Sample)

Hmm... well I'm thinking maybe something should be done at the chorus. Maybe mute the percussion and add strings or something? I dunno, play around with it. Overall, it sounds pretty plain to me.

prodrift101 responds:

Thanks for your review. It's still a work in progress. Unfortunately, the interesting part is the part that fades out.